Thursday 3 November 2011

Illness ... getting me down.

Hi Guys 
Sorry I haven't been online but I have been suffering with what was the worst bout of food poisoning EVER!! I'm not sure if it my ME deciding to reject certain foods or just a bug doing the rounds. It knocked me for 6 and has taken me over two weeks to recover. 
So...I haven't been able to craft :(  I decided to show you the card I made for my Mum's Birthday in September.
For this I used the Linda Ravenscroft cd...I love fairies and for once didn't make them pink. It is a Mother and Daughter so thought it was very apt for the occasion.
It is actually a  white decoupage image which I wasn't keen on, so I colourised it and gave it a more ethereal look by changing it to pale green colour on pc. 
I over coloured with Mica, punched tiny butterflies and doubled them up so they had 3d wings. Martha Stewart punch for the border and a Tim Holtz Ticket. Used my favourite Glossy Accents to enhance the bubbles and heres how it looked...





Of Course Miss Scarlett couldn't let her favourite Granny's Birthday go past without sending a card...so, with my help and Hunkydory- The Dog's Biscuits Kit ..she made her first card.



Ending with the fact Mum was thrilled and took both cards to show her Art Class.

I've had 2 weeks off my DT work but will be back here next week with my work and general musings...
Till Then ~ Thanks for reading and please comment :)

With Love,
daisylou! xxx





1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards, especially love the easel card though, so pretty!
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete